Ballhockey.com offers a wide range of fulfilling career opportunities in all areas of our business – including our league management, referees, timekeepers and more! If you’re ready to be part of an organization that rewards success and strives to help employees reach their work and personal objectives, consider a career with Ballhockey.com.
Below you can find current openings through the Ballhockey.com network.
The Bar Upstairs – St.Catharines, ON
- Must hold a valid Safe Food Handling Certificate and Smart Serve certificate.
- 5 years management experience in hospitality preferred.
- Must possess excellent supervisory and leadership abilities in the areas of human resources.
- Must possess good public relations and communication skills.
- Experience in large quantity food, catering and special event preparation.
- Must express a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Must express initiative, good judgment and foster a positive work atmosphere.
- Plan, co-ordinate, direct, and monitor the effectiveness of all food and beverage activities.
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure all aspects of the Food and Beverage Quality Improvement Program is carried out as scheduled.
- Develop and conduct in-service programs to ensure all staff are trained in safe food handling techniques.
- Participates & Leads in meetings as required.
- Establish and maintain communications within the department and with other departments to ensure operational effectiveness.
- Oversees catering services for any scheduled functions.
- Develops and monitors departmental cleaning routines.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the President.
- Maintains Food and Beverage staffing levels within the operating budget.
- Recruits, supervises, coaches and mentors employees.
- Arranges staffing coverage and scheduling changes following established procedures.
- Provides orientation and instruction to new employees and ensures ongoing recognition and feedback to food & beverage service staff.
- Completes performance appraisal and performance management.
- Establishes clear goal setting with individual department staff and outlines expected outcomes and time.
- Participates in the development of the annual operating budget utilizing historical information.
- Provides input for development of annual capital budget.
- Oversees all expenditures to ensure the department operates within budgetary guidelines.
- Processes all departmental invoices for payment and ensures they are appropriately coded to the correct account.
- Reviews financial statements and takes action on variances to bring expenditures in line with budget.
- Oversees the effective and efficient procurement and supply control procedures.
- Maintains all required records and submits all reports as required.
Community Relations & Marketing
- Supports the development of community relationships that build awareness.
- Identifies, plans and executes strategic initiatives that build traffic and revenue.
- Ensures the department is always tour ready.
Occupational Health & Safety
- Contributes to the development and creation of a safe work culture, leading by example in all aspects of health and safety.
- Ensures direct reports adhere to the OH&S Act and Regulations, all policies and procedures and that personal protective equipment is worn.
- Conducts regular safety audits and inspections of department.
- Oversee orientation of all direct reports in all areas of health and safety, emergency preparedness and any departmental hazards.
- Participates in drills to prepare for emergencies and attends all education sessions in relation to emergency preparedness.
ORCA (Ontario only)
- Acts in a leadership capacity to foster good working relationships with relevant persons within Public Health.
- Ensures that systems and processes are in place to achieve compliance with ORCA standards.
As a valued member of the team, the Operations Manager will demonstrate a commitment to customer service excellence and will be accountable to manage all aspects of the food and beverage department through effective planning, direction and control.
How to Apply
Please drop off or email your resume to Brian Broley at firstname.lastname@example.org, Ballhockey.com Athletic Centre, 16 Melbourne Avenue, St.Catharines, ON L2P 3J8
Pro Shop Counter Staff
Niagara Ball Hockey Club – St.Catharines, ON
- Applicant must be attending or completed post-secondary education
- Have a valid First Aid/CPR
- Own transportation and not playing in the ball hockey league
- To open the club at the beginning of the shift
- Prepare game sheets
- Ensure officials and time keepers have arrived for their shifts and that games are starting on time
- Duties also include taking registrations
- Processing payments, cash close out routine at the end of the night
Pro shop staff is also asked to clean the pro shop counter area and back equipment area as well as ensure that the merchandise is in presentable condition. During events and tournaments staff is asked to play a supporting role in working the pro shop and passing out necessary information etc. During winter months keeping the walk way to the rink shoveled and sanded and monitoring the outdoor rink for snow build up and assisting with removal when needed.
Hours of Work
- Monday through Fridays 4:00pm through Midnight
- Saturdays/Sundays 7am to 11pm. ( shifts will vary within these hours)
How to Apply
Please email resume to Sara Krug, Niagara Ball Hockey Club, 16 Melbourne Avenue, St.Catharines, ON L2P 3J8, email@example.com
Title: Game Officials & Scorekeepers
Location: Centre Wellington – Elora, ON
Our newest club is actively looking for new referees and scorekeepers for the inaugural season! Please feel free to stop by the clubs and speak to us or drop off a resume if this interests you! Our game officials are an integral part of our customer experience. We are looking for individuals with hockey sense and a knowledge of the rules, who are customer oriented!
If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Title: Game Official
Location: Barrie, St. Catharines, Hamilton & Brampton
All of our clubs are actively looking for new referees and scorekeepers. Please feel free to stop by one of our clubs, speak to the manager and drop off a resume if this interests you! Our game officials are an integral part of our customer experience. We are looking for individuals with hockey sense and a knowledge of the rules, who are customer oriented!
If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.